"A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life."
- Number of Suppliers: 25, with 10 documents per supplier (e.g. certification, food safety policy, audit reports, etc.) = 250 documents.
- Number of Raw Materials: 40, with 10 documents per material (e.g. certificate of analysis, raw material specification, HACCP plan, etc.) = 400 documents.
- Number of Finished Products: 20, with 25 documents per finished product (e.g. finished product specification, certificate of analysis, traceability records, production records, HACCP plan, etc.) = 500 documents.
- Number of Employees in Technical / QA: 3 with an average salary for technical / QA: £30,000 / $45,000
- Number of Internal ‘SOP’ Documents: 50
- Number of Approvals: Supplier: 25, Materials: 40
".. a food company with 20 suppliers and 40 raw materials means that 650 documents that must be reviewed. This all takes time."
"Supplier and material approvals could easily be costing the business £18,000 or $27,000 per year."
"Eliminating this 30% 'dead time' by leveraging automation means that supplier and material approvals may yield savings of up to £6000 or $9000 per year..."
"...having a database and adequate reporting tools can help generate key customer reports in seconds rather than a mini project that lasts days."
In conclusion, automating supplier and material approval processes can yield significant overall savings and enhance service levels to customers when they request information. When you add everything up for our example food company, savings of up to £10,000 or $15,000 are possible by implementing an effective, electronic supplier and material approval system. Service levels on customer information requests would also be significantly improved and information to help drive continuous improvement would be much more accessible by the wider team. The value of these elements is hard to quantify but is clearly is a very positive factor.
"When you add everything up, savings of up to £10,000 or $15,000 are possible by implementing an effective, electronic supplier and material approval system."
At Primority, our 3iVerify solution is an integrated food safety and quality management system. It can be applied to all of the above scenario and it provides an affordable, effective way to realise maximum efficiencies in food safety and quality processes.
"Our 3iVerify solution provides an affordable way to realise maximum efficiencies in food safety and quality processes."